Spring’s an exciting time of year for any vegetarian. For the first time in several months, you can find fresh veggies at local markets for cooking delicious pasta dishes. A lot of classic spring pasta dishes work just fine without meat — pasta and veggies go together like peanut butter and jelly.
If you need inspiration for some meatless spring pasta dishes, then you’ve come to the right place. Here are some of our favorites:
- Pasta with pea puree. Our first entry is an easy yet satisfying meal that substitutes a pea puree for traditional red sauce. It may seem minimal, but the puree, parmesan, and linguine go together for a light main course or an excellent side dish. The recipe calls for frozen green peas, but you’ll notice the difference if you use fresh ones!
- Arugula with orzo and garden tomatoes. Nothing says spring like a big juicy tomato. Though we usually like to make pasta a bigger component of the dish, it also makes any salad more delicious. If you’re looking for a healthy (but still delicious) dish that’s lighter on the carbs, you can’t go wrong with this one.
- Garlic butter pasta with caramelized shallots, spinach, and goat cheese. Looking for an even tastier way to eat your leafy greens? Goat cheese is something of a secret weapon here at Pierino — it really does make everything better. Using garlic butter makes this dish especially decadent. There are so many great flavors in this recipe, you’ll forget how easy it is to cook.
- Mac n cheese with artichokes. Mac n cheese is such a tried-and-tested classic, innovative recipes can sometimes feel like reinventing the wheel. However, every now and then we come across a recipe that’s so good, we can’t help but share it. This recipe uses Dijon mustard, paprika, artichokes and even…wait for it…tofu to make something truly special. Even if you don’t usually like tofu, give it a shot — you won’t even be able to notice it’s there. It actually makes the dish rather creamy while staying healthier. If you’re not sold on the artichokes, try sun-dried tomatoes.
- Campanelle with hard-boiled eggs and more. Hard-boiled eggs are a great way to sneak some protein into a vegetarian dish, while capers bring a little something different to the table. If you’re looking for something light and want to leave an impression, reach for this one.
Excellent recipes deserve excellent pasta. No matter what pasta your recipe calls for, you can find high-quality pasta from Pierino to make your dish a hit. Look for Pierino’s at your grocery store!Read More